Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Why is This News?

Watch this video.

That’s one of the things I love about New Hampshire. It is a Free State that for the most part, recognizes the right to open carry a firearm. I know this will come as a shock to many of the gun grabbing liberals, but crime is extremely low in New Hampshire. If I were Mr Obama, I would be far more nervous about giving a speech in his hometown of Chicago which was supposedly made safe by the restrictive gun laws there which he supported, than I would about being in New Hampshire. There is one question that I would have liked to ask the reporter when he made this statement "I can't imagine that there aren't enough lawyers in New Hampshire that can't file some kind of emergency injunction, but I'll leave that to the lawyers on the ground". He said this in reference to removing the person carrying the handgun openly from the area. My question of course would have been what injunction can you file against the second amendment and the constitution?

As a side note, I always enjoy it when talking head reporters (spin doctors), who have absolutely no knowledge of weaponry or security, try to educate the American public about these things. What they failed to consider, is how many people in the crowd that were licensed to carry were armed with a concealed weapon. Next is ballistics. A hand gun will do very little against a limo with bullet resistant glass and panels in the doors. The undercarriage has also been reinforced with armor to with stand a blast. If this guy had drawn his pistol, he was probably surrounded by agents in plain clothes and would have been taken down instantly, and if not, a sniper may have shut him off like a switch, because he was possibly already in the cross hairs with a spotter watching his every move. Reality vs news room fantasy, and sensational fear mongering by those supporting gun control.

No comments: