Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some of the good things about Orlando

I know this crime blog sometimes seems a little dark, because let’s face it, there is nothing uplifting about crime and the emotional trauma that it causes to individuals and families. In an earlier entry posted a few days ago, I stated that I would not be writing about the Caylee Anthony investigation again, but I had an experience today that changed my perspective on the matter. I was biking through Blanchard park this morning and came across the dive team doing today’s search making preparations for the operation. The team was diving under the flag of Blackwater Divers, which is a local group from here in the greater Orlando area. I was fortunate enough to catch part of the pre-dive briefing, which left me with the impression that the team was very well organized. The initial group consisted of four divers with a shore support team of about five, one of whom had a side arm strapped on as alligator insurance. I was told by one of the shore support team that approximately twenty additional divers were expected to be there later today as well to assist in the operation. As the team set up in the water, my initial impression of them being well organized was reinforced, as they gave a solid impression of being well equipped professionals in every aspect. I am confident that if there is anything to be found in the murky alligator infested waters of the Little Econohatchee River, this group will find it. I think we should all applaud the volunteer efforts of Blackwater Divers, because when people from the community show up and volunteer their time and resources to support an effort such as this, the least we can all do is recognize them for their hard work. If there is anyone interested in showing financial support for this operation in the form of donations, you can contact Todd Bosinski at 321-438-5402.

No comments: