Monday, May 3, 2010

Gun Shy Gets Around...

...to other blogs that is. Check out this story featured on another blog, then read my comments and the response of a reader from Scotland at the bottom.

Here are the comments:

Gun Shy Tourist on 05 Feb 2009 at 3:38 am link comment

Why am I not surprised. England (British Isles), Australia, and Canada have effectively disarmed it citizens, a citizenry who once had a rich heritage of firearms ownership. As we all know, in those countries, there is still enough violent crime to go around.

http://aroundotown.blogspot.com/2009/02/now-that-they-have-made-you-defenseless.html

You know what is ironic about this? The Scots, who have always been warriors are some of the finest SAS operators. Maybe the Brits are “cutting” of their own nose on this one.


Fallen on 03 May 2010 at 10:02 pm link comment

I’m Scottish and I’m pretty much ashamed of Scotland and the UK as a whole.
I grew up hunting and going shooting with my father but now thanks to the overreacting government I’m not able to do any of these things.
There are many things about this country that are spot on and so many that are so messed up it’s unbelievable, no wonder so many people are emigrating from the UK.
I want to live somewhere that I can have the freedom to own firearms and knives and not have to worry about prosecution.

When I was 15 I was part of the Army Cadet national shooting team, now the best that I can do is to go airsofting and I know that they are trying to make the laws even tighter. This country is going to the dogs. The sooner that I can move away the better.

I see things like the Magpul DVD and can’t believe the freedom that some other countries have.


The readers need to ponder this persons statements, because this is the model that the liberals and the UN would like for America.

No comments: