Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Am Really Enjoying My Job

I have been assigned to a position where I am working daily with exemplary Americans. They are men of courage, men of valor, men who represent the true embodiment of the Warrior Spirit. These men took an oath, and without hesitation would march right up to the gates of hell shaking their clenched fists in defiance, and then breach those gates to gain entry if that was the course of action needed to achieve the objective and uphold that oath. They have gone to the edge, stared death in the face, and grinned as they grabbed it by the throat, put it under control, and then forcefully bitch slapped it to the ground. These men are quiet professionals whose collective experience spans more than four decades, from Vietnam to some of the most recent conflicts abroad, and have dedicated a large part of their lives to service and to the protection of our great nation. They are White, Black, Hispanic, and Asian, who have all been unified by the common goal of preserving and protecting the lives and freedoms of every American. When I interact with these men in discussions, their world view is based on the fact that they have been there, done that, and lived to tell about it, and not on some politically correct pie in the sky progressive opinion piece that they heard on left leaning Public Radio (NPR) or learned in the classroom of some liberal university as many Americans do. I have had the good fortune of knowing men like these since my earliest years and throughout my life, because I was raised by a man who was just like these men, as well as having association with others who were my instructors and mentors through the many twists and turns of my own personal training experiences. I am here to report that it is a privilege to be interacting with this caliber of consummate professionals once again.

Gun Shy salutes these exemplary men, and it is my opinion that every American who enjoys our way of life and loves the freedom that has been afforded to us through the commitment and sacrifice of men like these should salute them and thank them as well...and let us never forget this:


"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

No comments: