Sunday, May 23, 2010

TSA at OIA (Orlando International Airport)

Gun Shy was at OIA waiting for a passenger to arrive, so while waiting I decided to use the time to visually survey the OIA TSA workers. Here is my advice to the majority of the employees I saw. Get on a serious weight loss program and get into the gym and start conditioning. I will admit that there were a few exceptions, and there was one black man was in excellent shape, but for the most part, I witnessed many women workers who were greatly over weight, and men with bellies hanging way over their belts. It almost appeared that one of the hiring criteria for the job was having an endomorphic body type. I had a young side kick with me, who I have been training for the last few years. After surveying the TSA talent, I asked her “Would you trust these people with your life if a crisis situation occurred?” She quickly answered “No way!”. It is Gun Shy’s personal opinion that there should be a physical standard set for employees in this job description (security), because many of the people I observed would be useless in a physically challenging situation. Orlando is a world renown tourist destination as well as a city that has many military contractors. Port Canaveral as well as Kennedy Space Center have the potential to be probable targets for a terrorist attack, which means that the terrorists could fly into OIA to get into the Central Florida area from another country. It was rumored that Mohamed Atta and some of his associates were in the Cocoa Beach area for a time before 911, and I would assume that they may have been scouting out the Space Center and Patrick AFB which are used to launch spy satellites as well as other classified military assets.

The bottom line, is that these terrorists are real determined enemies of America hell bent on destroying our way of life, so the people who have been hired to oversee the safety of the flying public need to take their positions a little more seriously using a self disciplined approach to stay in top condition.

No comments: