Thursday, May 14, 2009

Some Times We Can Come Together as Americans

I was driving in East Orlando this evening, and all of sudden there was a crash right next to me. It wasn't just your average fender bender, it was a major rollover. I immediately pulled my car over calling 911 and running to the scene to see if there were any injuries or fatalities. As I was approaching the scene, I saw some others doing the same. First I assessed the driver to make sure that he had no profuse bleeding, and then I checked out the vehicle for fuel leaks or anything else that could cause combustion, because the doors on the vehicle were jammed shut. Fortunately all systems had remained in tact. The man in the rolled vehicle appeared to be going into shock and had some injuries, but thankfully it appeared that he would probably be okay. For that few moments, I witnessed Black, White, and Hispanic people all working together for the common good and well being of this Hispanic man. If America could become united like this on a permanent basis, what a great nation we would have indeed.

No comments: