Monday, February 15, 2010

What True American Heroism is All About

Woman Trapped Underwater In Car Dies At Hospital

I am sure that is it a sad day for all of the people who loved this beautiful young lady, but there was something in this article that gave me hope for the America I once knew:

Three eyewitnesses, 44-year-old Steven Wallach of St. Cloud, 47-year-old Ricardo Alvarez of Orlando, and 40-year-old Hector Sotomayor of Orlando jumped into the water to try to save the woman. One of the good Samaritans said he nearly drowned when he dove into the ice-cold water to try to get the young woman out of her car. He was also in the hospital Monday night...

...WFTV spoke with a driver, Ralph Colatrella, who rescued another driver who was trying to save Sparkle. Colatrella says he jumped in to try to save one of the good Samaritans who nearly drowned himself.

“There was another going back into the water, that's the guy I pulled out,” Colatrella said.

“They're true heroes for what they attempted to do. Unfortunately, the car was too far down in the water and it was stuck in the mud,” Battalion Chief Tammy Wunderly of Orange County Fire-Rescue said.


It makes me proud when I see Americans giving it all for another fellow American. Men of courage are becoming a rare commodity these days. I hope that this signals a change.

No comments: