Monday, September 12, 2011

The Occasional Irony of Daily Life in America

I was out and about the other day taking care of the mundane tasks of daily life. During the course of my day, I had conversations with two different men with the same uncommon first name. The first man was an AK expert, who knows everything there is to know about Russian small arms. I spent about forty minutes exchanging ideas with him, and then headed out to a health food store to get some snacks. If any of the readers have ever been into a health food store, you will probably know that many of these places are very new age hippy dippy, but the people there are generally friendly and also have some interesting things to say as well when it comes to nutrition and other related topics. It was there where I had a discussion with the second man with the same uncommon name as the first. I have to admit that my eyes were starting to get glassy as he was rambling on about using crystals to balance my chakras. Yes... he was into yoga and meditation, an “OM boy” so to speak. Suddenly the irony of the situation came over me me like a fast moving storm. The two guys had the same uncommon first name, but really were universes apart in their beliefs, and here I was straddling these two universes in real time with mere minutes of separation. At that time, I started to imagine what this guy’s reaction would be if he knew I was strapped with a 5” double stack 1911...the kinda stuff that gives the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence people cold sweats at night, and fantasized visions of blood in the streets. That would most certainty immediately qualify me in his world as being a close relative to the anti-christ, and I can only imagine that two additional fifteen round mags I was carrying would probably elevate me to the level of el diablo in this guy's anti-gun reality. I am surprised that he didn't pick up on the negative gun vibe darkness when he was reading my aura. (just kidding) I listened politely, thanked him, left Birkenstock central and went off about the rest of my daily business mulling over what had just transpired. The bottom line, is that if this guy was under violent attack, I would be the first to defend my fellow American, even though we obviously would have diametrically opposing views on the second amendment and self defense. From there I went and walked on the beach for a while, and amazingly no one was injured. (sarcasm) That is because the only time I un-holster my weapon, is if myself, my associates and/or the people I love, or a fellow American is being attacked or threatened with serious harm or death by a Domestic Urban Terrorist, also known as a thug, or someone with evil intent trying to change the American way of life through violence such as some a-hole jihadi who needs their processor rebooted. I think that this is the main point the gun grabbers seem to be missing when spewing all of their anti gun rhetoric.

PLEASE NOTE: No hippies were harmed in the writing of this commentary.

1 comment:

Robb Allen said...

"PLEASE NOTE: No hippies were harmed in the writing of this commentary."

Well then, this story was rather anticlimactic ;)