Friday, March 20, 2009

The American Way

If we are going to rebuild America, the first step is courage. I read the article linked below this morning and it made me feel good. It reminded me of an America that I once knew, where Americans cared about each other and demonstrated it through their actions. It is time that we all start making a conscious decision to take back our country from the criminal element and to establish the consistent attitude of “Not on my watch”.

Robbery Victim Fights Back, Suspect Caught

quote:

"He pushed me and the money flew all over and he started to pick up the twenties so I ran up and pushed him to try and get him away from the money and started yelling, this guy robbed me, someone come help me!" explained O'Brien. Several eyewitnesses started chasing after the suspect, through the gas station and into the Searstown Mall parking lot. Robert Hollis was the security guard on duty and he tackled the robber.

You’re a good man Robert Hollis as well as all those who chased after the suspect. You are all good Americans, and the recipient of this weeks Gun Shy Salute.

No comments: