Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Crime is where it finds you

Robbers Shoot Man As He Reached For Wallet
quote:
"Detectives were searching for two men behind a shooting and robbery near the University of Central Florida Campus. Investigators said the victim had just checked into the Residence Inn on University Boulevard late Monday night, when two men jumped him. Deputies said one of the robbers pulled a gun and demanded money, but when the victim reached for his wallet the gunman shot him."

Here is another link.

As I stated in an earlier posting, there is no geographic boundaries that define criminal activity. If you live on the outskirts of an area with high crime statistics, you run the risk of being a victim. This story is one that is a little more real to me, because the Residence Inn is where I stayed when I returned to the Orlando area after being away for a ten year period. After my first few days back and watching the news in the evening, I realized I had returned to a whole different city than the one I left a decade ago. I am remaining hopeful that the new dynamic duo of Jerry and Val Demmings will address this violent epidemic with a zealous but methodical approach that will either incarcerate or drive the criminal element out of here to another place. The Demmings surely have their work cut out for them.

No comments: