Sunday, July 17, 2011

More Absurd Comments From Local Journalists About Guns

This is a quote from a 2006 article published by the Orlando Sentinel that you can find here:

At least 200 guns a year are stolen from parked cars in Orange County. Gun thefts are so common that a 2002 Orlando Sentinel report found that more guns were stolen in Orange County in 2001 -- 680 -- than in Massachusetts as well as other states.

Yeah...that is because it is nearly impossible to posses a gun in Massachusetts (unless you are a criminal), whereas Florida trusts its law abiding citizens enough to let them own or carry a firearm concealed. Talk about not knowing the lay of the land. Sheesh.

2 comments:

ocopek said...

If they would let me carry my gun into more places, I wouldn't have to leave it in the car. It would also help if they did something to keep the bad guys who burglarize cars off the streets. When it comes to guns they want to put the blame on the victim and the law abiding citizen. Heck, they even prefer to do that when it isn't about guns.
I'm tired of carrying so many keys that the pockets of my pants wear out before any other part. It is my car, my house, and my stuff. Anyone who messes with it is wrong. It shouldn't be my fault if I don't have double dead bolts, reinforced hinges, bars on my windows, alarm systems, and safes.

Gun Shy Tourist said...

Good points O. And don't you love it when people say it's only 'stuff'?

I addressed that topic in this earlier commentary:

http://aroundotown.blogspot.com/2009/01/gun-shy-tourist-gets-candid-part-2.html