Monday, July 12, 2010

Patriotism Comes in All Colors

NAACP Leftists Claim “Hardcore White Supremists” Are Behind Tea Party Movement

Sometimes the timing of life is so ironic. This evening, I stopped into my very first TEA party meeting to see what it was all about. What prompted me to go, was the other day I was driving down route 27 in Clermont Florida, a town that is not far from Orlando, and in the heat of the day (which was nearing the hundred degree mark) there was a group of TEA party people by the side of the highway waving Gadsten Flags with an American Flag, and holding a sign that said "Honk if You Love America". Everyone was waving and blowing horns as they passed, and there was more activity and excitement that day than there was when Joe Biden visited...er...briefly stopped in to do his photo op here. I figured if these people were dedicated enough to stand out there in the scorching heat for hours on end, then Gun Shy should stop in and see what their gathering is all about. And now for the irony. The first couple I saw as I was getting ready to enter the gathering was.....yep...you guessed it...a black couple. Oh, and before I forget, the gathering was being held in a building that was part of a church that was holding a black urban gospel type of service across the parking lot that had many black people there as well. I didn't see any klansmen with hoods anywhere. Maybe the NAACP needs to look somewhere else if they want to find racial hatred. So much for the myth.

No comments: