Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Am Sad to Report...

...that the party is over for Gun Shy.

The assignment that I have been working on, which I spoke about in an earlier commentary has pretty much come to a close. Such is life. I am happy to report, that it was good times interacting with all the guys at the location while I was there. I mean, where else can you hang with a group of fellas and discuss the latest in weaponry and tactics, or take turns demonstrating what is the most effective knife and gun disarms over morning coffee… yeah...it's mind boggling. There is no mistaking, that this was truly the mans club, which I was privileged to be an honorary member of for seven months. I am really going to miss these guys.

As many of the readers may have gathered from my earlier commentaries, Gun Shy is not a big fan of tactical buzz words, but at the risk of breaking my own extremely high journalistic standards, I will state for the record, that if you were to look in the dictionary under the term “High Speed Low Drag”, you would most likely find a group photo of these guys. Yep...they are uber tactical, GTG, tip of the spear types without a doubt. (there...I fulfilled my tactical buzzword quota for the year)

So if any of the fellas are reading, the invitation still stands. Come on down to Florida for a visit, and we will ride scooters (Harleys) and Jeeps on the beach, take some long range shots at various explodable fruit targets (no shortage of oranges) with the fitties and other large bore heavily scoped rifles, play a little rock guitar, get out in the surf, go for a few full throttle air boat rides and hang out with the gators, wild boar, and an assorted variety of deadly snakes in the Glades, as well as a number of other random and impulsive activities TBD spontaneously. If we get bored, we can always slide on down to Miami to watch them film "Burn Notice" and try to get a gig as extras, and if that doesn't do it, we can head to downtown O-Town during spring break, and maybe witness a shootout, car jacking, armed robbery, pistol whipping, or even the occasional bus hijacking. Hopefully, when you return home, you will be able to report to the others who weren’t motivated enough to make the trek, that you had a month of insane fun during the week that you were hangin with ol’ Gun Shy in the Sunshine State. It’d be good times.

No comments: