Thursday, December 31, 2009

What is Everyone Celebrating??

The highest unemployment is years? Three more years of this administration? The fact that we are under attack by would be terrorists? The fact that our financial system is slowly melting down? How about the fact, that Americans are trading freedoms that they will never get back for a false sense of security?

2010 Kicks In New York City's Door - Times Square Under Heightened Security As 1 Million Celebrate On Crossroads Of The World For Celebration

quote:

Police searched every single person before allowing them into barricaded pens. Alcohol, backpacks and bags were banned.

"No, I didn't mind. To make sure that we're safe. I feel safe," one reveler said when asked about the restrictions.

"I say I admire the police of New York because they did a good job over here," Ruben Velasquez said.

With terror fears running high this year, security experts said thousands of police, counter terrorism, and FBI officers were strategically posted in every corner of Times Square as well as security cameras and devices to detect explosive materials.

"The first time I was a little bit worried I have to admit. But I saw all the organization and the security in here is so good so now I feel so comfortable, and I'm enjoying the party," said Mexican tourist Yvette Torres.

No comments: