Saturday, December 5, 2009

Gun Shy’s “Escape from Orlando”

It’s official. Gun Shy no longer lives in Orlando "proper" anymore. Admittedly, I was tiring of all of the armed robberies and home invasions in my once nice neighborhood, but when I came home recently to find a LE helo hovering at the entrance of my complex complete with news crews I decided that I had enough. The main entrance was blocked with crime tape, and both entrances had officers stationed there with tactical weapons. It turned out that two rival "groups" had gotten into a little disagreement, and out came the clubs, knives, and guns. It was reported in our extremely weak local news media that one person was shot in the face at close range. The incident occurred in mid afternoon while people were outside of their homes. Gun Shy decided that it was probably time to take his own advice, and quit tempting fate. During my stay in this area, I personally had only one incident with four of the local gang thugs, where they quickly became convinced that it probably wasn’t a good day or situation to try and get some rep by attempting to beat me down for kicks. I am glad that they made the choice to leave the scene and live another day, because maybe just maybe they will one day decide to change their lives and become productive Americans.

No comments: