Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Its Time For Americans to Take a Stand

First, read this and then this.

They are trying to erode the Constitution one incident at a time it seems. The next time a Law Enforcement officer pulls you over, and asks if you mind if he/she searches your vehicle, or download information from your personal belongings when there is no probable cause, you might want to tell them no with an explanation. Here would be some possible dialogue:

Officer: Do you mind if I search your car?

You: What is the probable cause officer?

Officer: Well, if you didn't have anything to hide, then you wouldn't protest and comply, right?

You: Well officer, the fact is, that I don't have anything to hide, but there is a much bigger issue here.

Officer: And what is that issue may I ask.

You: Well officer, if I am correct, you took a sworn oath to uphold the Constitution, did you not?

Officer: Yes I did.

You: Well then Officer, I would not want to be the one responsible for you breaking that Oath by willingly allowing you go against the fourth amendment, so I am sorry to say that no is my answer. If you believe that I have criminal intent and there is something specific that you want to search for, I am requesting that you tell me what your probable cause is, or you could also call your superiors and request a warrant. If you now choose to search my vehicle it will be without my consent, and I will protest this action in writing to the relevant personnel/agencies that oversee your operation.

The above dialogue does not constitute legal advice, and should not be construed as such. It is just a demonstration of a hypothetical exchange that could possibly occur.

No comments: