Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Heads Up Warning For the Readers

It is so simple that even script kiddies can do it.
There has been a lot of hacking attempts and software engineered in places like China and the East Block which compromise the security of computer systems. I had a discussion the other day with a vendor who had my credit card information on file on his server. I flatly told him I wanted it removed, and he tried to insure me that it was encrypted and that no one could access it but them. I informed him that encryption is no guarantee of anything, and that he needed to remove my information as I had requested. His response was that they "did this for a living". My response was so does the federal government, which has way better systems than small private businesses do, and their systems get compromised.

I am posting this article for you perusal and education. I rest my case.

No comments: