Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Those Who Prey on the Elderly


Serial Purse Snatchers Attack Two More Victims


quote:

Victoria Moody was attacked as she walked to her car at the Publix on State Road 441 in Leesburg. The female suspect yanked so hard on the 85-year-old’s purse, that the straps cut her arms. But Moody wouldn’t let go. “I couldn't believe that someone would do that to a person my age,” Moody said…

…One of the women approached an elderly woman as she was putting her groceries away. In a matter of seconds, the suspect yanked the purse from Lila Gifford, pulling the 92-year-old woman to the ground, police said. No one saw the attack. Gifford lied on the scorching hot asphalt for at least 30 seconds. She suffered a broken arm and second- and third-degree burns on her hands, according to investigators.


I found this comment at the bottom of the article from a reader to be of interest:


Please try to grab my purse! I'm 53 years old and will beat you two cowards within an inch of your lives. I shop at the Publix in Clermont on 27 on Friday evenings. I have a real nice Louis V. bag...real, not the junk you are used to...with lots of cash and credit cards. Oh yeah, my concealed firearms permit is in there too, but I'll put a bullet in your chest before you get to see it.

It appears that the armed citizenry are becoming more intolerant towards abuse of the elderly these days. Maybe people like the one who left the comment should get those comp tickets to the Magic games.

No comments: