Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Well…it Kinda Looks like a Sword

Airport Confiscates Boy's Disney Toys - Cousin Says TSA Agents Went Too Far

quote:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- His step-father just died, so to cheer him up an 8-year-old North Carolina boy's family took him to Disney for the first time ever. But what happened on the way back home soured the trip, and has his family irate. The boy bought toys while at Disney including a Pirates of the Caribbean sword, a light saber and a wooden gun. The boy was headed home from his cousin's house in Ft. Lauderdale when a pair of Transportation Safety Administration agents confiscated his toys because replica weapons are against the rules.

There are some more tourists that won’t be returning to Orlando in the near future. This is what it has come to people. Aren’t we proud? I was at the airport just the other day. I had to wait a while so I decided to assess the TSA employees I saw as to their proficiency in the way they carried themselves. I saw a few seasoned professionals who carried themselves in a manner, that I would have confidence in their ability to handle a critical situation if one arose. A larger number of the employees were just common people trying to make a living, and then there were a bunch of “Barney Fifes” that would instill zero confidence in me or anyone else who had any understanding of security.

No comments: