Saturday, July 18, 2009

We Know What You are Thinking...

Does anyone remember that Alan Parsons song "Eye in the Sky"? Here is the chorus from that song:

I am the eye in the sky
Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules
Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind
And I don't need to see any more
To know that
I can read your mind, I can read your mind



Larry Summers cites Google search as progress

quote:

Of all the statistics pouring into the White House every day, top economic adviser Larry Summers highlighted one Friday to make his case that the economic free-fall has ended. The number of people searching for the term “economic depression” on Google is down to normal levels, Summers said.

Interesting. So now the current administration has access to Google stats? Does that mean while you are out searching topics, the White House can statistically track Americans search data? I wonder if they tracked how many people read this report? Shades of 1984. I guess when Mr Obama talked about "transparency", he meant yours, because it obviously hasn't been his.

Bonus question:

Who decides what normal levels are and how do they determine that?

No comments: