Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Democratic Professors and the Students Who Love Them

Gun Shy said in an earlier commentary, that a vast majority of college kids that I saw had Obama bumper stickers on their cars and were voting for him. How can this happen you ask?

Nearly all my professors are Democrats. Isn't that a problem?

quote:

After I posed that question, two faculty railed against me. That's a sure sign that universities should address the lack of ideological diversity.

Eugene, Ore. - When I began examining the political affiliation of faculty at the University of Oregon, the lone conservative professor I spoke with cautioned that I would "make a lot of people unhappy." Though I mostly brushed off his warning – assuming that academia would be interested in such discourse – I was careful to frame my research for a column for the school newspaper diplomatically...

Make sure you read the complete article, and you will understand how popular opinion is shifted in the halls of academia and in the student population as well.

No comments: